New Orleans based guitarist Scott Myers, leader of Chegadão, Organica and Os Batutas.
- March 14th, 8pm. Scott Myers Trio at Pearl Wine
- March 17th, 6pm-9pm, 30x90, 520 Frenchmen St. Scott Myers Trio
- March 20th, 10pm, Maison Frenchmen 508 Frenchmen St. Chegadão
- March 31st, 6pm-9pm, 30x90, 520 Frenchmen St. Scott Myers Trio
- April 13th, 10pm. Chickie Wah Wah. Charlie Dennard's Five O'Clock Charlie, with Charlie Dennard and Wayne Maureau.
- April 28th, Patrice Fisher.
- May 1st, 8:30pm. 30x90, 520 Frenchmen St. Chegadão
- May 5th, 5-9pm. 30x90, 520 Frenchmen St. Organica featuring Charlie Dennard and Wayne Maureau.
- May 10th, 8pm and 10pm. Snug Harbor. Brent Rose Group.
- May 26th, 5-9pm. 30x90, 520 Frenchmen St. Organica featuring Charlie Dennard and Wayne Maureau.
- May 28th, 8:15-9pmpm. Tipitina's. Wayne Maureau trio
- May 29th, 11pm. 30x90, 520 Frenchmen St. Chegadão
Scott Myers' Organica
My organ trio project, a mixture of soul-jazz and boogaloo organ based music, Brazilian samba and forró and my original tunes. Currently featuring Wayne Maureau on drums and Charlie Dennard on organ. Recordings feature Rik Fletcher on organ and Julian Addison on drums.
Conceived by Marcio Pereira and Scott Myers in 2008, Chegadão blurs the boundaries of genre and nationality, while introducing American music fans to some of the rhythms and sounds of Brazil. Along with original music, you'll hear forró from artists like Luiz Gonzaga and Gilberto Gil, as well as samba, maractú, all with a splash of New Orleans funk. Current and past members of the band include Scott Myers, Eduardo Tozzatto, Brent Rose, Tedo Oliviera, Tommy Sciple, Marcio Pereira and Nick Solnick.
Os Batutas is a term I use loosely to refer to the great musicians who have helped me record my original music and whom regularly appear on my gigs. Amongst them are Brent Rose, Tommy Sciple, Nick Solnick, Peter Varnado, Sam Albright, Eric Lucero, Sasha Masakowski, Gabriel Velasco and many more.