New Orleans based guitarist Scott Myers, leader of Chegadão, Scott Myers' Organica and Os Batutas.
- February 27th, 7-10pm, Hyatt New Orleans. Brent Rose Trio
- February 28th, 7-10pm, Hyatt New Orleans. Brent Rose Trio
- March 3rd, 6pm-9pm, 30x90, 520 Frenchmen St. Scott Myers Trio
- March 13th, 10pm, 30x90, 520 Frenchmen St. Chegadão
- March 14th, 8pm. Scott Myers Trio at Pearl Wine
- March 17th, 6pm-9pm, 30x90, 520 Frenchmen St. Scott Myers Trio
- March 20th, 10pm, Maison Frenchmen 508 Frenchmen St. Chegadão
- March 31st, 6pm-9pm, 30x90, 520 Frenchmen St. Scott Myers Trio
Scott Myers' Organica
My organ trio project, a mixture of soul-jazz and boogaloo organ based music, Brazilian samba and forró and my original tunes. Featuring an wide mix of musicians including Rik Fletcher and Will Thompson on organ, and drummers including Peter Varnado, Nick Solnick, Wayne Maureau and Gabriel Velasco.
Conceived by Marcio Pereira and Scott Myers in 2008, Chegadão blurs the boundaries of genre and nationality, while introducing American music fans to some of the rhythms and sounds of Brazil. Along with original music, you'll hear forró from artists like Luiz Gonzaga and Gilberto Gil, as well as samba, maractú, all with a splash of New Orleans funk. Current and past members of the band include Scott Myers, Eduardo Tozzatto, Brent Rose, Tedo Oliviera, Tommy Sciple, Marcio Pereira and Nick Solnick.
Os Batutas is a term I use loosely to refer to the great musicians who have helped me record my original music and whom regularly appear on my gigs. Amongst them are Brent Rose, Tommy Sciple, Nick Solnick, Peter Varnado, Sam Albright, Eric Lucero, Sasha Masakowski, Gabriel Velasco and many more.